This training will teach employees about the risks and responsibilities of working with food. It will raise their awareness of health and safety hazards, background and current legislation.
After completing this course employees should be able to:
- Describe the development of health and safety
- Explain why health and safety is important
- Explain how it should be implemented in a food environment
This training will show staff how to:
- Explain why health and safety is important.
- Follow the health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees.
- Define key terms, such as hazard, risk and control.
- Outline the principles of risk assessment.
- Apply the principles of health and safety and accident prevention.
- Follow systems, procedures and rules.
- Reduce risks to health and safety through individual action.
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
Approximately one hour, depending on your learning speed. The course is self-paced with 31 interactive screens and multiple components, which can be completed at your convenience. Your progress will be recorded throughout.
This training is designed for all types and levels of employees working with food.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course content has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Once you have successfully completed your course you can download and print your Virtual College certificate.