This course will help employers fulfil their requirement to comply with the Fire Safety Regulations and help safeguard staff against the biggest risk to life in the workplace.
It will provide clear fire safety and evacuation training, including how to escape safely from the scene should a fire occur.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Be aware of the key legislation relating to fire safety
- Know what the ‘Fire Triangle’ is
- Have a broad knowledge about fire detection and warning systems, including how to use and react to them
- Understand the key factors relating to evacuation in the event of fire
- Know about the types of fire that can develop
- Know about proper extinguishers use
- Be aware of what precautions you can take to minimise the risk of fire
This course covers the following subject areas:
- Awareness of key legislation and legal requirements relating to fire safety.
- Knowledge of the 'Fire Triangle'.
- Knowledge of fire detection and warning systems and how to use and react to them.
- Fire Triangle
- Key factors relating to evacuation in the event of fire.
- Knowledge of fire types and which extinguishers can be used on them.
- Precautions to minimise the risk of fire.
Approximately 2 hours. However, the course can be completed at your leisure.
This Virtual College course is targeted primarily at businesses needing to train their staff in Fire Safety Procedures in the workplace. However, the information is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn how to prevent fire in the workplace and deal with it effectively should it occur.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.