Employers have a duty to protect their employees from becoming ill by exposure to chemicals and other hazardous substances in the workplace and the food industry is no exception.
This course helps anyone working in the food industry to understand:
- What The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations stand for
- Good and bad practice
- Why COSHH is important
After completing this training there is an online test and, once successful, you can download and print your certificate, which can be displayed in your business.
After completing this module you will:
- Understand safety within a chemical context
- Know the employer and employee’s legal obligations in this area
- Understand what falls inside and outside the remit of COSHH
- Be able to explain the principles of COSHH’s control measures and risk assessments
- Understand why it’s so important to use approved chemicals
- Know how to use chemicals safely
Approximately 1–2 hours. However, the learning is self-paced so the course can be completed at your convenience and your progress will be recorded throughout.
This course is designed for anyone working within a food environment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course content has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Once you have successfully completed your course you can download and print your Virtual College certificate.